A web hosting company providing services since1998 also a part of an Endurance International Group. They serve over a million customers. Being in the hosting field for quite a long time has made them a trusted service provider offering valuable services and support at an affordable cost.
Pros of choosing iPage
A shared hosting plan includes
- Free domain names
- Unlimited domains
- Above 300 domain extensions
- Unlimited disk space
- Free site builder
- Free domain transfer
- 1000's of free templates
- Unlimited bandwidth
Apart from the above it also gives access to the essentials
- Drag and drop website builder
- Domain registration
- Email addresses
- Use of marketing tools
- WordPress hosting
The shared web hosting package has almost everything necessary for hosting websites which will be useful for small and middle-level businesses. A shared hosting plan optimized for WordPress is also available. For ones who require more, iPage offers VPS plans and dedicated servers.
iPage has quite an impressive pricing which is also a reason for their popularity. They offer services at $1.99/month. After the startup term, the plan gets automatically renewed to the regular pricing. The 30 days money-back guarantee with no questions asked is sensible enough in case you are satisfied with the service. The startup term can be of one, two, or three years depending on which the pricing differs. All the plans get $500 worth extras which include free Google AdWords and Bing credits, free SiteLock, and free building tools.
They offer only one shared hosting plan. Uptime is 99.96% which is above average for a constant period of 24 months. The average page loading time is 746ms. The Site Lock feature provides good security to the website. Each email account with your domain includes email forwarding, autoresponders, virus checking, and spam filters. The storage and database are unlimited and 14 days backup with a restoration fee. Customer-friendly tools are very supportive to users while building the website.
The iPage web hosting services have a strong technical background and provide service at a reasonable cheap fare when compared to other hosting services. The extras work great on the marketing and security aspects of the website. iPage holds Renewable energy certificates that prove a portion of the electricity they use is generated from renewable resources.
Cons of preferring ipage
Shortcomings while purchasing, renewing, and extra charges.
- add-ons are pushed during purchase.
- Renewal price is high
- The offers are applicable only on 3 years startup plan.
- Additional cost on backup services
- Site migration is not free of cost
- iPage uses the vDeck instead of the cPanel which is the current industry standard. The beginners do not have an issue with vDeck, but for people who are used to control panel will have to learn it again
- The backup system is not up to the level and the backup service is charged high.
Time-consuming customer support system
Though iPage provides 24/7 customer support the users face difficulty in reaching the appropriate technician or the help desk which can resolve their issues.
- Online customer support redirects to different pages.
- On phone, the response takes too long.
- Communication issues while passing on information and billing.
- When they say unlimited it is accompanied by clauses. This is mostly suitable for small businesses and is different in size and price after renewal.
With all the pros and cons sorted out, the iPage stands an average performer while having to improve on technical support and resolve customer queries promptly.
Send us your valuable feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org